poop! where has the time gone?! we're already into spring of 2017 and i haven't even posted my recap of 2016, shame on me!! so here you go, my list of favorite places i enjoyed all of last year, with the addition of some of my favorite things to order! if you see words in blue, those are links to the menu's, go have a peak and drool with me!
FAVORITE HAPPY HOUR:
- imperial: cocktails on draft-$5 vieux carre, fried chicken, and artisan cheese plate
- three doors down: crostini with boquerones egg, and pickled egg, and eggplant parmesan
- nel centro: duck leg confit on a happy hour menu, please and thank you! $6 house wines, and meatballs!
- miya moto: the monkey brain and hawaiian tuna poke!
- kim jong grillin': the spicy chicken bibim bowl, all the way!
- chicken n guns: half a chicken, extra potatoes, and extra aji sauce!
- guero: which is no longer a cart, but a brick and mortar:) the pollo pabil torta and the frida bowl!
- kopi koffee: the cardamom coffee is my happy place
- two strokes coffee: the vibe and friendly staff keep me coming back, oh and their mocha's!
- water ave coffee: i usually just buy beans here for coffee at home and every once in awhile i'll enjoy their wonderful lite breakfast selections.
- samurai blue: $3 hand rolls on happy hour, fire in the whole, willamette dragon, and the surf & turf rolls!
- miya moto: all the usual suspects
- bridges cafe & catering: best egg's benedict in the neighborhood, and the city breakfast with fried eggs is my comfort meal during these soggy winters
- hunny milk: all of their dishes -and they change their offerings- a 'grown up coffee' and of coure an order of biscuits
- tasty n sons: burmese red pork stew, chilaquiles, and always shakshuka
so tell me what of my favorites are your favorites, and what of your personal favorites needs to become one of mine?