monthly subscription boxes are my favorite, who doesn't love receiving something in the mail?!
I currently subscribe to receive about three surprise monthly subscriptions: one filled with currated beauty products, one full of assorted greeting cards, and another with seasonal scrapbooking papers and stamps, now i'm receiving a fourth with degusta, one filled with food items, heaven!
my box arrived on my door step and I may have squealed with same force of excitement that I usually reserve for my amazon prime deliveries. I immediately opened my box to find it neatly packaged with care and lots of bubble wrap and air bladders (a win-win for us all)!
open me, eat me, ENJOY ME!
interested in receiving a monthly DEGUSTABOX filled with 10 to 15 surprise items of your own? click the banner below or visit degustabox.com and use PROMO CODE: DEGUSTA10 for %50 off of your first Degustabox + FREE shipping!
UNBOXING MY FIRST DEGUSTABOX, JUNE
NEW TO ME ITEMS:
- Honees -a package of cough drops; GMO & Gluten free, pure liquid honey inside every center, menthol to suppress coughs and relieve congested nasal passages and loads of vitamins.
- Elmhurst Harvest Walnut Milk - I don't drink dairy, and never allow any soy, so I often opt for coconut milk and rice milk as great alternatives. Imagine how happy I was to try a creamier alternative Walnut Milk. this Walnut Milk alternative worked great in my morning cereal and post-gym protein shake! two thumbs way up!
- Wise Popcorn in Sea Salt and Cinnambon flavor- I am a huge fan of popcorn and often store some at work for my mid-day snack attack. The Sea Salt flavor option does the trick as far as providing a great snack option, however the Cinnabon flavor is not something I am keen with, tastes a little too chemically flavored. I can see this being a great hit with a younger crowd, however I am happy I was able to try it because it sure sounds interesting!
- Orchard Valley assorted nut packages- although I've tried multiple brands of nuts, and trail mixes, I am still unsure if I ever tried this brand in the past? Either way, I am a fan of nuts, I have stashes of grab-and-go packages in my car for refueling after the gym, for when I am stuck in traffic, and when I find myself hungry and not willing to curb my hunger with junk food. Nuts are my standby energy dense snack! one great thing about Orchard Valley is they are a participant of Non-GMO project verified, that makes me a fan with just a few words!
- Topo Chico Sparkling Mineral Water- what can I say, I love sparkling & bubbling anything. I am a huge fan of flavored soda water (not soda), sparkling wine, and turning my OJ and Lemonade drinks into sparklers by adding soda water or mineral water! I suppose you can say it was an easy decision if I would like Topo Chico's Line of sparklers. Yeah!
- Brianna's Salad Dressing; Italian Vinagerette - I've tried a few of Briannas' dressings in the past but have not tried the Italian. in my house we do not currently own, nor buy salad dressings. We love salad and eat a big salad or a side salad 4/5 meals each week, we just happen to dress our salads with high quality EVOO, and gourmet Vinegar's in assorted flavors, so leave it to me to inspect the ingredient list and be surprised to find that the first few items listed are in fact, vinegar and oil! I tested the dressing out on an assorted mix of salads of salads we enjoyed through out the week; butterleaf lettuce, spinich, arugula, and kale. I believe the Italian dressing worked best on the butterleaf lettuce which has a mild flavor but tremendous crunch, allowing the dressing to be the star, and the dressing worked worst on the arugula which already has a peppery flavor and proved to be a bit distracting from the dressing. If anything I am now in the mood for a sunny picnic and some Italian Pasta Salad!
- Soy Vey Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce - well one thing is certain people love this stuff! I have yet to try it but keep hearing how everyone enjoys it as a marinade and a wing sauce!
- Vita Coconut Oil - I hardly eat this stuff, instead I love to wear it! Coconut oil is my favorite post-shower hydration key to hydrated skin and wonderful eye makeup remover! I was happy to receive 3 packets in my Degustabox this month and threw one packet upstairs and kept two in the kitchen for inspiration; one packet wound up being a wonderful standby to butter on my corn, and the other was used in the recipe below!
- JIF Cinnamon Flavored Peanut Butter- Who doesn't have a slight obsession with Peanut Butter? I can't recall a single person in my life and house that hates this stuff... give me all the peanut butter pies, bars, cookies, and cups you have because nothing is better than a savory sweet treat! So I am not new to JIF peanut butter, however I am to cinnamon flavored JIF. At first taste the flavor is subtle and not overwhelming, hooray, which means it make a great addition to cookies, and no bake power balls like the recipe listed below!
- Haribro Sour Gold Bears - automatic win! I love Haribro Bears already, they are always gummy, flavored well, and never fail as a convenience store staple. Now Haribro offers a sour package and that's everything I need. Luckily they are not super sour, more like a mild sour dusting, which means perfect!
NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BALLS
Mix the following dry ingredients well in a medium bowl; oats, coconut flakes, chia seeds, chocolate chips.
Mix in peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until the mixture looks evenly distributed.
let mixture set up in the fridge for 1/2 an hour.
roll into 1" size balls *and optional roll in chopped cashew nuts.
store in an air tight container in the fridge. enjoy as a quick snack out the door, or a post-hike treat!
- 1 C. quick cook oats
- 2/3 C. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 C. JIF Cinnamon Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C. Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 C. Honey
- 1 TBSP. Chia Seeds
- 1 TBSP. Vita Coco Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 TSP. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C. finely chopped Orchard Valley Harvest Cashew nuts *optional*
optional roll in cashews below
thank you Degustabox for sending a June Degusta box my way in exchange for my honest review.